Our Leesburg Family and Cosmetic Dentistry team is pleased to offer quality dental care in Leesburg, Virginia, to help you start the New Year out right! Check out these easy dental tips to help improve your dental health in 2024 and beyond:
- Use an electric toothbrush (we prefer rechargeable Sonicare or Oral B) It is 10 times more effective than a manual brush.
- Remember to change your toothbrush head every 3 months. When the bristles wear they are not as effective.
- Rinse or take a few sips of water after drinking soda, coffee, etc. This will help restore the pH balance of your mouth and help prevent staining on your teeth.
- Drink through a straw to help prevent stains on teeth.
- Be sure to floss daily. This not only helps prevent cavities in between teeth but removes the plaque and bacteria that can cause gum disease.
- Add a fluoride rinse nightly to prevent cavities. You rinse toothpaste off your teeth so they don’t get a great application of fluoride but a rinse can help! We recommend alcohol-free rinses (Purple alcohol-free Listerine, ACT, Therabreath).
Dental health is related to one’s overall health. Keep in mind that bleeding is a sign of infection and healthy gums do not bleed, so be sure to keep on top of your home care and regular checkups! Please give us a call at 703-831-3952 if you have any dental concerns or to schedule an appointment with our dedicated dentist, Dr. Kime Whitman.